• It seems as though Ms. Stefani has had some incidents in which another young, presumably female, individual has made some disparaging remarks about her character. Upon learning of the situation, Ms. Stefani is informing this “culprit” that she intends to handle this matter physically. Ms. Stefani’s character is such that she is not the type of person who counters verbal attacks with verbal attacks, or “hollering back.” Using terminology that is commonplace among today’s youth, this is shortened to “hollaback.” Additionally, it appears as though this altercation will take place somewhere near the bleachers.

Hollaback girl meaning & definition 1 of Hollaback girl.

• A female, usually a teenager or young adult, who, when insulted, will reply verbally. This is typically achieved by insulting the original insulter (otherwise known as hollering back, shortened in this case to hollaback).
    This term was popularized by [Gwen Stefani], a female vocalist who once performed lead vocals for a rather good band, [No Doubt]. Gwen has since gone solo, which people either love or hate, depending on how much they suckle upon the mainstream teet.
    In her song Hollaback Girl, Gwen proclaims, when challenged by another girl (even though Gwen can hardly be described as a girl) through insults, that she Aint no hollaback girl. This is because Gwen is not a girl, but a woman, isnt going to stand for this, and is going to settle it physically.
    (Note: The song, from this point, degrades into the usual Gwen Stefani lyrics: pointless, annoying, and unbearably catchy).

Hollaback girl meaning & definition 2 of Hollaback girl.

• Hollaback girl is actually a mistaken lyric in the popular song by Gwen Stefani. What she is actually saying is I aint no Holland badger. Unlike the average omnivorous European badger, this badger, native to the Netherlands, is notorious for eating bananas (which is how it received its title Meles meles musa). Stefani clearly states that she is not a Holland badger, and therefore is not the type to eat bananas. She goes on to compare shit with bananas, voicing her strong dislike for the fruit.

Hollaback girl meaning & definition 3 of Hollaback girl.

• Contrary to popular belief, this was not invented by Gwen Stefani. She wrote the song in response to a music journalist who made some catty remarks about how Gwen was a cheerleader in high school.
    I heard that u were talking sh!t and you didnt think that i would hear it...
    A hollaback girl is one of the backup, inferior cheerleaders. She was not one of those, but the leader.
    we both wanna be the winner but there can only be one
    Gwen Stefani was merely saying that yes, she was a cheerleader, but she was a damn good one!

Hollaback girl meaning & definition 4 of Hollaback girl.

• A term that Gwen Stefani apparently just made the fuck up and tries to pass on as regular slang.

Hollaback girl meaning & definition 5 of Hollaback girl.

• The titular term [Hollaback Girl] of Gwen Stefanis former number one single features original urbanization of cheerleading vernacular.
    In cheer, the head cheerleader performs the act of hollering while leading the cheers; the lesser members of the squad holler back, repeating the cheer.
    Stefanis Hollaback Girl urbanizes the holler/holler back dichotomy of the cheerleading squad in a snub to Courtney Love. Love derisively referred to Stefani as a cheerleader, and Stefanis response was to write the song, which is essentially a repetitious cheer as a sort of fuck you to Love.
    Her urbanization is misplaced, however, because to [holla] connotes entirely different meanings from what Stefani intends, including speech acts of solidarity between in-group members, general speech acts intended to generate dialogue with a potential sex-partner/mate, and others.

Hollaback girl meaning & definition 6 of Hollaback girl.

• In order to fully understand what a [hollaback girl] is, one must first understand what it means to [hollaback]. When one [hollas] back, one responds to a verbal insult with their own reciprocal verbal insult. This in itself is not necessarily a negative thing, however to become a hollaback girl is something to be avoided. A hollaback girl is a girl who responds only with these verbal insults, without ever actually [taking it to the next level] and kicking some ass. In other words, a hollaback girl is all talk and no walk.
    This phrase was originally popularized by Gwen Stefani via her song [Hollaback Girl] from her debut solo album [L.A.M.B]. The song was a response to a comment Courtney Love made about Gwen in an interview with 17 Magazine. Love reportedly stated Being famous is just like being in high school. But, Im not interested in being the cheerleader. Im not interested in being Gwen Stefani. Shes the cheerleader, and Im out in the smoker shed.
    Gwen, upon hearing this, did not hollaback like a petty cheerleader. She instead came back with Hollaback Girl. In explanation of the song she said Someone one time called me a cheerleader, negatively, and Ive never been a cheerleader. So I was like Ok, fuck you, you want me to be a cheerleader? Well Ill be one then. And Ill rule the whole world. Just you watch me. This is clearly in reference [to Loves] comment. And based on Hollaback Girls success, Id say Gwen held true to her word and took over the world.

Hollaback girl meaning & definition 7 of Hollaback girl.

• im not really sure what it means but [apparently] [Gwen Stefani] isnt one and it has something to do with [bananas].

Hollaback girl meaning & definition 8 of Hollaback girl.

• According to [Cleveland] of the show Family Guy

[I dont know what] a hollaback girl is, but I have to imagine its a foul, disease ridden thing, that wears to much makeup to cover up the fact that its a [47] year old fish-dog.

Hollaback girl meaning & definition 9 of Hollaback girl.

• The term [Hollaback] Girl has an obscure yet thoroughly documented etymology. In the mid-1920s, P. Quincy Hollaback was a well-to-do [gadabout] in [East Rutherford], N.J. Quincy was was a standard fixture at speakeasies, burlesque shows, cock fights, bull fights, gimp races, and dwarf tosses all over the tri-state area. (He was legendary in his refusal to attend paraplegic wrestling.) And while he often drank to excess and carried on a tad bit, his five female companions were always properly composed and ever so chaste. These Hollaback Girls, as they came to be known, could often be seen [carting] Quincy off in a wheelbarrow, or strapping his ankles to a passing buggy to be dragged away for a good nights rest. When hed pee himself, they [blotted] his trousers with dignity and [aplomb].
    A Hollaback Girl thus came to describe a woman of high virtue. However, the meaning took an ironic turn in the early 1970s when Elton John, out one night being a naughty Johnny, began referring to himself as a Hollaback girl. According to Sol [Belzer] (my leasing agent, whom I can recommend heartily), the term has since come to mean a girl who will bend over for just about anyone or anything, particularly if it involves the pooper. Sol saved me 1907$ in 05.

Hollaback girl meaning & definition 10 of Hollaback girl.

• A song that [Gwen Stefani] wrote and [taught] the world how to spell [bananas].

Hollaback girl meaning & definition 11 of Hollaback girl.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Hollaback girl around the world.