• To make a solemn declaration under oath or affirmation, for thepurpose of establishing, or making proof of, some fact to a court; togive testimony in a cause depending before a tribunal.One witness shall not testify against any person to cause him to die.Num. xxxv. 30.

Testify meaning & definition 1 of Testify.

• A greeting or callback created for the Repo Army (fan-base) for 'Repo! The Genetic Opera', a film written and directed by Darren Lynn Bousman. It is similar to the ribbit callback for 'The Devil's Carnival'.

Testify meaning & definition 2 of Testify.

• To attend a religious revival event, during which you would be prompted by the preacher to testify.

The act of testifying normally involves babbling incoherently while sharing [folksy] stories of your nasty life being turned around because the creator of the universe decided to pay you a personal visit and issue a get out of jail free card. He's nice like that, and as a pensioner he has a free bus pass allowing him to travel anywhere in the world.

Testify meaning & definition 3 of Testify.

• Testify means lot's of things. It can be said almost in any situation. Nancy Grace is a fan of Testification. Testifying can mean you're trying to receive some justice (see receiving justice for more info). You're hitting on someone. You're trying to get laid. You're trying to tell someone what the fuck is up. You're trying to get belligerent drunk. You're trying this, trying that. Ect.

Testify meaning & definition 4 of Testify.

• To defile an object or area with your testicles.

Testify meaning & definition 5 of Testify.

• You two are wrong. [Testify] comes from the Latin witness and has nothing to do with testicle which also comes from the Latin for witness. I was asked this in class by the professor in college English. I would have been wrong and embarrassed myself, so I just said I dont know. But heres [what I got] from the Internet:
    testatio -onis f. calling to witness , or bearing witness.
    testificatio -onis f. bearing witness , [testifying]; evidence, proof.
    testificor -ari [dep]. to bear witness to , give evidence of; to show, bring to light; to call to witness.
    testimonium -i n. witness , evidence; proof, indication.
    [testis] (1) -is c. one who gives evidence , a witness; an eye-witness, a spectator.
    testor -ari dep. (1) to bear witness to , give evidence of; to make known, publish, declare; as pass. to be attested, declared. (2) to make a will. (3) to call to witness.
    BTW they are called testicles because they WITNESS to the [procreative] power of a man.

Testify meaning & definition 6 of Testify.

1. To [give ones] information as [truthfully] as possible. Taken from an old Roman phrase to swear on ones testicles. Now, [think about that], and think about how differently court cases would turn out if that meaning held true to this day...

Testify meaning & definition 7 of Testify.

• Give evidence as a witness in a law court.

Testify meaning & definition 8 of Testify.

• Issue tracking Saas software that simplifies quality control through the use of digital checklists with all your data in one place. A software product by Testify

Testify meaning & definition 9 of Testify.

• to speak seriously about something, especially in a law court, or to give or provide proof:

Testify meaning & definition 10 of Testify.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Testify around the world.