• One of the United States. Kentucky blue grass (Bot.), avaluable pasture and meadow grass (Poa pratensis), found in bothEurope and America. See under Blue grass.-- Kentucky coffee tree (Bot.), a tall North American tree(Gymnocladus Canadensis) with bipinnate leaves. It produces largewoody pods containing a few seeds which have been used as asubstitute for coffee. The timber is a very valuable.

Kentucky meaning & definition 1 of Kentucky.

• A place where the word holler rightfully exists; a place of wonder; a place where children can dig their fingers in the dirt, use their imagination, and dream; a place where parents want more for their children and do everything possible for their wishes to come true; a place where most people in the united states like to underestimate and pretend that the only thing that exists there is 'inbreds'; a place that a teenage girl tries her whole life to leave and when she settles elsewhere, she can't wait to see the mountains again;a place that also uses the word hick, but in a slightly different way everyone else does; a slightly poor place; a place where,yes, horse racing exists and people are actually in touch with nature; home cooked meals are to die for!; a great place to think or write a book; AND its fun to use words without a 'g' in the end!

Kentucky meaning & definition 2 of Kentucky.

• The only state where bourbon is made. If its

Kentucky meaning & definition 3 of Kentucky.

• Kentucky was the first state in the American West. Explorers were enthralled by the beauty of the countryside, which they often compared to the Garden of Eden. We Kentuckians are proud of our state and its people. I, for one, think it is ironic that the derogatory comments written here by others are filled with misspellings and non-grammatical constructions. Their stupidity is monumental.

Kentucky meaning & definition 4 of Kentucky.

• 1.The Commonwealth of Kentucky is a southern border state. Many famous artists, writers and media celebrities hail from Kentucky. It is known for horses, bourbon, basketball and southern hospitality. People are friendly and polite. In areas such as Lexington and Louisville a metropolitan, artsy culture prevails. In rural areas a friendly down-home culture produces delicious cooking.
    2.A state that knows how to party.
    3.Home to a college basketball dynasty.

Kentucky meaning & definition 5 of Kentucky.

• a relatively small state situated in the upper south, Kentucky is known for bourbon whiskey, horse racing, tobacco production, and college basketball. The vast majority of the state, other than northern Kentucky/Cincinnatti suburbs and parts of Louisville, shares cultural ties with Tennessee in cuisine, dialect, and many other aspects of culture.

Most of Kentucky's residents are friendly and hospitable, and many outsiders will find that Kentucky can be a very enjoyable place to visit. Along with its natural beauty, there are many other unique attractions for people to enjoy.

Kentucky meaning & definition 6 of Kentucky.

• A state which, contrary to popular belief, contains many very intelligant people as well as a large number of excellent musicians, actors, and many other types of people. Most people are of average intelligence or above, live in fully modern homes WITH electricity, running water, and indoor bathrooms, and are not Hicks (although there are a few, but they still live in modern homes)

Kentucky meaning & definition 7 of Kentucky.

• As a young woman that was born and raised in Kentucky i can honestly say there arent many other places like it. I live in Paducah, Ky and this is in my opinion one of the best places to live. Its peaceful, the scenery is amazing, and the people are wonderful. I have never been discriminated against (Im african-american) and this has got to be by far one of the most diverse places I know of. We even have a community of belly dancers here in kentucky. And as several other people have mentioned before me Kentucky has produced several celebrities (including Johnny Depp- he was born in Owensboro, Ky). We have a rich culture and heritage and there is plenty to learn about this great state! And Kentucky is not a part of the midwest, we're one state away from the east coast so technically Kentucky is a South-eastern state (yes I also consider Ky to be southern)

Kentucky meaning & definition 8 of Kentucky.

• the finest state in this fine country. i live there, there isnt a place like it. i love the accents, the food, the hills, and the people are so damn friendly. you idiots have never walked up a holler in fall have you? looked out your window at roads slicing through the hills after winter and seen waterfalls everywhere. in my town, i know everyone and everyone knows me.
    i'm from kentucky. i am intelligent. you can kiss my COUNTRY ass

Kentucky meaning & definition 9 of Kentucky.

• I tell you what, if your lookin' for a synonym for awesome, Kentucky's the word for you. This state's got it all. Did you ever hear of Ft. Knox? In Kentucky. How about the Alamo? Okay that's in Texas, but, there's a lot of killer stuff in Kentucky, anyway. I-64, I-65, I-75. Got the idea, there are a bunch of Interstate Highways in Kentucky. We like 'em so much that we built some of our own limited access highways. Education...did I mention the extensive network of highways? In Eastern Kentucky there's a buttload of coal and, let's just say, plenty of Kentucky's number one cash crop (weed). Western Kentucky has the Corvette factory and is part of the New Madrid Fault Zone. Louisville thinks they're better than everybody else and Northern Kentucky is basically a suburb of Cincinnati. Central Kentucky is a vast wasteland predominated by hyena and the occasional antelope. Kentucky offers a broad range of experiences to the person who is willing to set aside preconceived notions that this state is a backwater inhabited by inbred heathens.

Kentucky meaning & definition 10 of Kentucky.

• Chicken [flavored] [lemon] scented [greatness]

Kentucky meaning & definition 11 of Kentucky.

• The sun shines bright on my old Kentucky home
    Tis summer, the [darkies] are gay
    The corn [tops] ripe and the [meadows] [in bloom]
    While the birds make music all the day
    The [young folks] roll on the little cabin floor
    All merry, all happy and bright
    By n by hard times come a-knocking at the door
    Then my old Kentucky home good night
    Weep no more, my lady
    Oh, weep no more, today
    We will sing one song for the old Kentucky home
    For the old Kentucky home far away.
    They hunt no more for the possum and the coon,
    On meadow, the hill and the shore,
    They sing no more by the glimmer of the moon,
    On the bench by that old [cabin door].
    The day goes by like a shadow oer the heart,
    With sorrow where all was delight.
    The time has come when the darkies have to part,
    Then my old Kentucky home, good night.
    The head must bow and the back will have to bend,
    Wherever the poor folks may go
    A few more days and the trouble will end,
    In the field where sugar-canes may grow.
    A few more days for to tote the weary load,
    No matter, twill never be light
    A few more days till we [totter] on the road,
    Then my old Kentucky home, good night.
    THE BEST DAMN PLACE TO LIVE, right here in KENTUCKY

Kentucky meaning & definition 12 of Kentucky.

• [The Real] [South]/[Dirty South] is bigger than most realize.

Kentucky meaning & definition 13 of Kentucky.

• [Louisville] and Kentucky are Southern.
    Kentucky is officailly defined by the U.S. CENSUS BURERU as a southern state. Also the majority of Kentucky was occupied by the Confederacy.
    There is no way anyone can group Kentucky with Minnesota over Alabama culturally Kentucky has way!! more in common with the South. Also if you compare Kentucky with Indiana and Ohio to Tennessee and Viriginia Kentucky is like [Tennessees] and [Virginias] twin.
    Louisville is also a Southern city with a little midwestern culture.
    Some people get the term Midwestern and [River city] confused. The definition of a midwestern city is Minneanpolis (not St. Louis or [Cincy] which have southern influence which is why they are the only cities in the midwest that Louisville has alittle in common with). Then when you look at it like that Louisville has alot more in common with river cities like Memphis and New Orleans than STL and Cincy.
    But the only midwestern influences that Louisville has is [White Castles] (midwestern stable) [grippos], and a sizable Catholic population (The vast majority of Louisvillians are [southern baptist], Kentucky has the third largest [Southern Baptist] population in the Nation) Yes Louisville was a major Industrial area ahundred years ago, But not b/c some people say were midwestern, But b/c we were a major shipping port. Memphis, and New Orleans were also major southern shipping ports that had industry, But that doesnt make tham midwestern. Also Birmingham was a major industrial center for the South that isnt located on a river. Thats the reason all those industrial cities I just list (ncluding midwestern cities) are declining in their cities. Then think about L

Kentucky meaning & definition 14 of Kentucky.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Kentucky around the world.