• Any car that meets the following: a) driver must enter car through passenger side b) three different brand and size tires - 3 of them missing hubcap c) exhaust is held up by half a clothes hanger - other half replaces the antenna d) backfires every three blocks - loudest backfire being when car is turned off e) must open door at drive-threws as windows dont roll down f) you only get one AM station and the tape deck eats all tapes inserted g) cant open the glove box as the whole thing will fall out h) if you let go of steering wheel while driving youll make a u-turn i) must manually move blinker lever up and down as it no longer blinks on its own j) must keep one foot on brake and one on accelerator when at a complete stop k) has had the same temporary registration sticker in the window for the last 18 months l) has all the above issues but still has a professional tint job

Hooptie meaning & definition 1 of Hooptie.

• Hooptie finds its origins dating back to the mid 1950s. The original, corrupted phrase is Coupe D, referring to a Cadillac Coupe deVille. Over time, Coupe D was rolled together into hooptie. Used to describe everything from any old car (thank Shaq for that) or more specifically a large domestic sedan. Popularized by Sir Mix-a-lot, the word moved from a mere description to a slur. Oddly enough, the word can have a variety of meanings, depending on the context, ranging from pride of ownership to an outright insult.

Hooptie meaning & definition 2 of Hooptie.

• A junky, wothless car that the owner had put money into that only makes it look worse. Or even comical. Examples would be spinning plastic hubcaps, a fin, offroad tires, and a cheap stereo from Value City that will be stolen soon because the window will not roll up.

Hooptie meaning & definition 3 of Hooptie.

• An old piece of crap car.

Features include: a plume of blue oil-soaked smoke coming from the exhaust - general odor of beer vomit and french fries - a Kraco stereo with a 10 year old Nirvana cassette stuck in the player - flat white, flat blue and Bondo red in color.

Any Saturn automobile ever sold.

Hooptie meaning & definition 4 of Hooptie.

• A car that tends to be older often with an addition of shiny rims and a lowering of the suspension. Car is driven with windows down and a motion being made of lowering and raising a flat outstretched hand. Yea.

Hooptie meaning & definition 5 of Hooptie.

• Not just an old american rust bucket P.O.S. car, but any ride that is slightly lees than pimp. A hooptie is any vehicle which was once nice in its heyday, but is now past its prime. Hooptie is a statement of pride, not deragatory in any way.

Hooptie meaning & definition 6 of Hooptie.

• Broke down ass piece of shit car that yall dawgs b tryin to ride up in thinkin the lookin pimped wen they aint.

Hooptie meaning & definition 7 of Hooptie.

• A car, especially an old or dilapidated one.

Hooptie meaning & definition 8 of Hooptie.

• A [worn out] [car], usually [old]

Hooptie meaning & definition 9 of Hooptie.

• There is a girl in Beaver County, PA that doesnt brush her teeth every day and she doesnt have health insurance or the internet. She drives a beat 89 [cavalier] and she is allways in faded jeans, sneakers and a [hoody]. I cant resist her cause i know i can get her. And she looks sooo good in a certain way. Please help me with this one guys, [I know you know] her...

Hooptie meaning & definition 10 of Hooptie.

• A [cool], personalized [ride].

Hooptie meaning & definition 11 of Hooptie.

• [Broke Ass] [Shit]. [Peice Of Shit]

Hooptie meaning & definition 12 of Hooptie.

• Short for Hooptie [Doo]. A party or [get-together] where everyone [brings] something. Usually a bar-b-que is involved.

Hooptie meaning & definition 13 of Hooptie.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Hooptie around the world.