• an ancient Sanskrit greeting still in everyday use in India and especially on the trail in the Nepal Himalaya. Translated roughly, it means I bow to the God within you, or The Spirit within me salutes the Spirit in you - a knowing that we are all made from the same One Divine Consciousness.

Namaste meaning & definition 1 of Namaste.

• an honorable greeting. . . My spirit honors yours

Namaste meaning & definition 2 of Namaste.

• A really slacker way of saying Nah, Im gonna stay.

Namaste meaning & definition 3 of Namaste.

• A greeting/saying in hindi which translates to: I honor the place in you where the entire universe resides, I honor the place in you where the ENTIRE universe resides, I honor the place in you of light, of love, of truth, of peace, I honor the place in you where if you and I are in that place then there is only one of us?
    (Yeah, that one word means a whole lot, but its a great saying none the less)

Namaste meaning & definition 4 of Namaste.

• Namaste was originally intended as a respectful greeting to God, the Great Guru within. It is often used today as a greeting to other people - either friends or strangers.
    [Namaskar] (and its related street term, [skar]) is always used in the second sense.

Namaste meaning & definition 5 of Namaste.

• a word thrown around by trustifarians and hippies as they shop in whole foods while wearing their eco-green birkenstocks.

Namaste meaning & definition 6 of Namaste.

• The parting words of the clueless New Age trust fund baby.

Namaste meaning & definition 7 of Namaste.

• नमस्ते Sanskrit = i bow you
    the term holds no reference to deity or spirit,it is a respectful salutation
    encourage all to look it up linguistically

Namaste meaning & definition 8 of Namaste.

• Slang used by people who are phonetically challenged and are not versed with the teachings of yoga. Or they are drunk at the time and it is pronounced,

Na,-Im-a-Stay.

Namaste meaning & definition 9 of Namaste.

• The hippie version of Yolo.

Namaste meaning & definition 10 of Namaste.

• Originally a respectful greeting from Hindu customs, it is now a pjorative used by English speaking Asians in reference to White backpackers in Southern and South East Asia.
    A typical Namaste wears cargo shorts or elephant pants, has several Thai tattoos, [yellow fever], and practices Buddhism despite being raised Christian. They usually spend several weeks or a month in Thailand or other parts of Southeast Asia, then return to their country just to criticize all their [millennial] friends for lacking experience.

Namaste meaning & definition 11 of Namaste.

• A [hindu] saying meaning [fuck you], I have [anxiety].

Namaste meaning & definition 12 of Namaste.

• A respectful greeting said when giving a namaskar.

Namaste meaning & definition 13 of Namaste.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Namaste around the world.