• in Britain, 11 November or the closest Sunday to that date, when people honour those who were killed in wars, especially the two World Wars

Remembrance day meaning & definition 1 of Remembrance day.

• the Sunday nearest to November 11 when those who died in World War I and World War II are commemorated

Remembrance day meaning & definition 2 of Remembrance day.

• November 11, a federal holiday observed in commemoration of the fallen in the two World Wars and the Korean War.

Remembrance day meaning & definition 3 of Remembrance day.

• Remembrance Day, also known as Armistice Day or Veterans Day in some countries, is a memorial day observed annually on November 11th. It commemorates the armistice signed between the Allies and Germany, marking the end of World War I hostilities on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918. The day honours the memory and sacrifice of military personnel who have died in the line of service during World War I and subsequent conflicts. Activities often include parades, memorial services, and moments of silence.

Remembrance day meaning & definition 4 of Remembrance day.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Remembrance day around the world.