• Having the nature, qualities, taste, form, consistency, orappearance of cheese.

Cheesy meaning & definition 1 of Cheesy.

• sentimental, maudlin, melodramatic, corny

Cheesy meaning & definition 2 of Cheesy.

• Cheesy is a unique word it's usually used for calling something bad but it isn't directly bad. Cheesy means something that is trying too hard to be good, basically something that's supposed to be good but it isn't and bad.

Cheesy meaning & definition 3 of Cheesy.

• an adjective to describe cheese

Cheesy meaning & definition 4 of Cheesy.

• forexample using phrases when hitting on a girl at a club saying:

Cheesy meaning & definition 5 of Cheesy.

• Low quality, cheap, inauthentic, crappy; fake. From cheese cloth, the thin cheap fabric used to drain cheese curd, and in the past sometimes used instead for proper cloth in cheap clothing.

Cheesy meaning & definition 6 of Cheesy.

• Extremely exaggerated and makes people barf when hearing about all these lovey dovey antics.
    Synonyms: Jamesy, gouda

Cheesy meaning & definition 7 of Cheesy.

• A ridiculously bad foosball goal. Most often the [perpetrator] of such an offense has no foosball skills, and relies on cheating or flukes to score.
    The most significant use of the term was in 2002 during a series of legendary foosball games at the University of Northern British Columbia a player, having lost a number of games began to shake the table. In his inglorious method of distracting opponents, he began to score goals, even winning some games.
    The entire universtiy foosball population began calling his goals cheesy, although the reason remains unclear, especially seeing as he didn't even go to the damn school. Some refer to the goals as cheesy because they Stink. Other use the term because the player that scored such a fluke of a goal operated a cheese factory on his parents farm. Still others probably came up with it while blazing a [fattie].
    To this day, poor goals in foosball are known as cheesy, and the term has spread as far as Europe where the French say Fromage in the event of poor goal.

Cheesy meaning & definition 8 of Cheesy.

• This is an important word and nobody has it right yet. What it means is: Trying too hard, unsubtle, and inauthentic.
    Specifically that which is unsubtle or inauthentic in its way of trying to elicit a certain response from a viewer, listener, audience, etc. Celine Dion is cheesy because her lyrics, timbre, key changes, and swelling orchestral accompaniment telegraph i want you to be moved instead of moving you. Gold chains on an exposed hairy chest are cheesy because they shout out: I have money and I am manly instead of impressing a woman in a more subtle way, or allowing a woman to form her own judgments. The excessive showing off suggests hes compensating for what he does not have--i.e., hes actually poor, insecure, or short with an inferiority complex. Cliches are often cheesy because they are an obvious and artless way of making a point. A movie might be cheesy if it contains on the nose dialogue, like I cant live without you or You had me at hello.

Cheesy meaning & definition 9 of Cheesy.

• Like cheese in taste, smell, or consistency.

Cheesy meaning & definition 10 of Cheesy.

• of bad quality or in bad taste:

Cheesy meaning & definition 11 of Cheesy.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Cheesy around the world.