• Literally, the letters of a word read backwards, but in itsusual wider sense, the change or one word or phrase into another bythe transposition of its letters. Thus Galenus becomes angelus;William Noy (attorney-general to Charles I., and a laborious man) maybe turned into I moyl in law.

Anagram meaning & definition 1 of Anagram.

• One or more words created by rearranging all the letters of a given word or phrase. All the letters have to be used, and only used once. The resulting anagram will usually have nothing to do with the original word or phrase, but it's amusing when it does.

Anagrams are not to be confused with [palindrome]s (though straw is both a palindrome and anagram of warts), [spoonerism]s, [acronym]s, or other word plays.

Anagram meaning & definition 2 of Anagram.

• Always, [Never], [Already], [Great], Really, And, Me?

Anagram meaning & definition 3 of Anagram.

• A word, phrase, or name formed by rearranging the letters of another, such as spar, formed from rasp.

Anagram meaning & definition 4 of Anagram.

• [Honestly], [you should] stop looking at these definitions and go [nag a ram].

Anagram meaning & definition 5 of Anagram.

• Healthcare professionals can now leverage insurance benefits while avoiding the constraints of being in-network A software product by Anagram

Anagram meaning & definition 6 of Anagram.

• a word or phrase made by using the letters of another word or phrase in a different order:

Anagram meaning & definition 7 of Anagram.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Anagram around the world.