• The act of transgressing, or of passing over or beyond any law,civil or moral; the violation of a law or known principle ofrectitude; breach of command; fault; offense; crime; sin.Forgive thy people . . . all their transgressions wherein they havetransgressed against thee. I Kings viii. 50.What rests, but that the mortal sentence pass On his transgression,death denounced that day Milton.The transgression is in the stealer. Shak.

Transgression meaning & definition 1 of Transgression.

• (social) breaking any rules or boundaries

(art) creative endeavors that break as many rules as the artist sees fit to break.

Transgressive artists have sometimes disagreed with their being called artists, as the term has become quite overinflated, cliched, and pretentious.
    Detractors of transgressives have leveled the same charges at them.
    My personal opinion added:
    Transgression is not enough, but its a real fuckin good place to start. It should be done any way you want it, but I like mine with a side of fun.

Transgression meaning & definition 2 of Transgression.

• An act that goes against a law, rule, or code of conduct; an offence.

Transgression meaning & definition 3 of Transgression.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Transgression around the world.