• An Americanism is a word, phrase or expression, commonly used in the United States, that has managed to escape from America to [pollute] the [wider] [English language].

Americanism meaning & definition 1 of Americanism.

• A word, expression, or other feature that is characteristic of American English.

Americanism meaning & definition 2 of Americanism.

• The [belief] that you should [carry] a [pistol] with you at all times.

Americanism meaning & definition 3 of Americanism.

• antonym of [Britishism]

Removing of vowels from the spelling of letters because the speakers accent does not pronounce them. See speech impediment, american accent or I dont like your voice so I wont buy your used car. Dropping of [us] is most common.

A British design that lost all meaning when American ..integrity... took it to [mass production] and cheapened it.

Americanism meaning & definition 4 of Americanism.

• [The sad] fact that America is [taking over the world], but well stop em!! I guarentee it!!! They cant take over [Australia]!!!

Americanism meaning & definition 5 of Americanism.

• a word or expression that was first used in the US but is now used by people in other countries, especially those where English is spoken:

Americanism meaning & definition 6 of Americanism.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Americanism around the world.