I would rather walk briskly through the gates of hell than

• A phrase which is used to emphasise how much the speaker wishes not to do or take part in some activity, used as a response to a suggestion or request.
    Comedic value is gained from the over emphasis of how much the person would not like to do said activity.
    May have origins in a quote from the popular computer game The Curse of [Monkey Island] released on Windows 9x
    Murray: You may call me ‘Murray’! I am a powerful demonic force! I am the [harbinger] of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I stride through [the Gates of Hell] – carrying your head on a pike!

I would rather walk briskly through the gates of hell than meaning & definition 1 of I would rather walk briskly through the gates of hell than.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of I would rather walk briskly through the gates of hell than around the world.