• Often abbreviated as simply CF, Compact Flash is a type of flash memory. Compact flash cards are most commonly used for storing pictures in digital cameras, but are also used in devices such as PDAs and portable music players.
    There are two types of Compact Flash cards, creatively named Type I and Type II. Type I cards are 3.3 mm thick, while Type II are 5 mm thick. IBM makes a MicroDrive card that has the same dimensions as a Type II CF card, but uses an actual hard drive construction rather than flash memory. Compact Flash cards originally could only store a few megabyes of data, but now can store several gigabytes. The new CF standard can store a possible 137 GB of data. I dont know about you, but Id think about backing up that information before throwing the card in my pocket.

Compact Flash meaning & definition 1 of Compact Flash.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Compact Flash around the world.