• Phrase used by the inarticulate and dimwitted as a comma and to buy time and cover their lack of knowledge of a subject on which they have decided to speak and the resulting insecurity this engenders.
    It is particularly irritating in sportspeople, presenters and commentators as they are paid way in excess of the average salary of their audience precisley to tell them what it is they mean. The unspoken assumption is that the audience are already well aware of the gem of wisdom or fact (or see [cliche]) imparted by the expert and that there really is no need to pay him or her £5000 an episode to provide such insightless insights.

You know what i mean? meaning & definition 1 of You know what i mean?.

• A phrase people say when theyre out of ideas when trying to persuade someone.

You know what i mean? meaning & definition 2 of You know what i mean?.

• To ask for confirmation of your audiences understanding, with the expectation that they will affirm what you are saying.

You know what i mean? meaning & definition 3 of You know what i mean?.

• a communication tactic commonly used among close friends to clarifly that they are on the same wave length.

You know what i mean? meaning & definition 4 of You know what i mean?.

• something a girl will say in the middle of sentences with a little squint and head cock to register that you agree with her, but without waiting to see if you actually do (know what she means, or agree) before continuing on with what she was talking about.

Can be abbreviated to you know if she is in a hurry to get to a lot of important information.

further abbreviation while texting is commonly seen as u no? this version eliminates entirely the need or possibility for instant approval (real or imagined), requiring the textee to actually respond, or risk insulting her by not automatically taking her side.

You know what i mean? meaning & definition 5 of You know what i mean?.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of You know what i mean? around the world.