• An anachronistic corruption of the phrase word to the mother, which was a popular reference to Africa or The Motherland during the late 1980s Afrocentric movement. While the replacement of the with your effectively obliterated the terms Afrocentric roots, it continued to be used in the same manner, that is, to express agreement. Alternatively, the your could take on sinister connotations, implying that speaker was sexually intimate with the listeners mother, as in say hi to your mom for me, or, in keeping with the whack terminology, props to your mom, shes da bomb. Finally, the phrase might mean nothing at all, and be used to ineptly feign street cred, in the style of Vanilla Ice.

Word to your mother meaning & definition 1 of Word to your mother.

1. I fully agree with you, you nicely brought up fellow
    2. Say hellow to your sexy milf
    3. Im a white boy in need of a cool sounding motto.

Word to your mother meaning & definition 2 of Word to your mother.

• Originally word to the mother. Used by African Americans as a salutation. It means Give due respect to the motherland from which we came. Can be used in the same context as [Keep it real]. or, also, can be used to literally express respect to the motherland and African-American customs and traditions.

Word to your mother meaning & definition 3 of Word to your mother.

• Dumb-ass catch phrase that Vanilla Ice used at the end of Ice Ice Baby.

Word to your mother meaning & definition 4 of Word to your mother.

• does not mean I fucked your mom. In fact its not even an insult in any way. Word= Respect or I agree and mother=mother land. Word to your mother translated to normal english means respect to your motherland keep a hold of your roots

Word to your mother meaning & definition 5 of Word to your mother.

1. I agree with what you just said.
    2. Watch out.
    3. Absolutely nothing at all.
    4. similar to keep it real... a gangster phrase.
      see also [keep it real]

Word to your mother meaning & definition 6 of Word to your mother.

• Word to your mother was a phrase used back in the 80s and 90s. Though it was originated by the African American community, saying to keep it real or to respect the motherland, it then became the retarded phrase of white boys trying to act gangsta. They sound so gay and make respectable white people like me look like the skid-mark on the underpants of society when they say it. Thanks a lot Vanilla Ice.

Word to your mother meaning & definition 7 of Word to your mother.

• Word as used in WTYM and similar expressions relates back to a declaration of Truth or Truthfulness. It may be derived / appropriated from standard English as a shortening of I give my word (of honor). Word To Your Mother is an emphasizing phrase, meaning that my words are true and I would swear it to your/my mother, or a reply emphasizing that your words are true and I agree with you. Overall a derivation or corruption of Word To The Mother, popularized in Vanilla Ices rap to Ice, Ice Baby.

Word to your mother meaning & definition 8 of Word to your mother.

1. You can tell that to [your mother] and shell [agree].

2. In a pejorative or negative sense, Go tell your mother what I said, so she can set your ass straight, before I have to [put a foot] in it.

Word to your mother meaning & definition 9 of Word to your mother.

• Im a nerdy white boy in need of a cool sounding motto.

Word to your mother meaning & definition 10 of Word to your mother.

• A phrase used when/after accomplishing any type of goal or [achievement].

2.A person In a state [disbelief] followed by the [reassurance] of the other person.

Word to your mother meaning & definition 11 of Word to your mother.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Word to your mother around the world.