• A phrase from two-way radio. It combines Roger (meaning Received) and Wilco (meaning will comply). The letter R had been phonetic alphabet shorthand for Received, and over the radio it became Roger. In the military, Roger and Wilco are used exclusively. Basically it means I hear you and will comply with your wishes or command.

Roger wilco meaning & definition 1 of Roger wilco.

• Space guy and janitor extraordinaire, main character of the Space Quest series by Sierra On-Line.

Roger wilco meaning & definition 2 of Roger wilco.

• I agreed with Peniston Booth, roger wilco military use is wrong. Its a tautology i.e. uselessly repetitive. Thats also true in any formal radio telephone procedure such as in police RT where theyre not used together. In aviation use neither roger nor wilco are even used much as individual words. The full meaning of roger is Your last message is received and understood and its origin indeed as stated by schizzy is the original phonetic alphabet use of roger for the letter R to 1951[now romeo] . The full meaning of wilco is Your last message is received and understood AND wilL BE coMPLIED WITH. Therefore wilco already includes roger.
    However, this being Urban Dictionary its the slang/colloquial use being defined so in that setting schizzys example of the wife/husband is correct whether speaking directly or by phone. Itd also be very acceptable if they were using CB radio I guess. Its slang use can even have slightly sarcastic or facetious overtones at times. However, having an aviation background I reject his example of the pilot and ATC. Redundancy is the lesser sin, no pilot should answer like that. Its required to repeat the instruction back to the controller. The instruction wouldnt be given verbatim as quoted anyway. In aviation, the use of roger to acknowledge information [no instructions] may be acceptable at times but wilco is rarely used if at all. Mostly where roger could be used its sufficient to simply answer with the aircrafts call sign.

Roger wilco meaning & definition 3 of Roger wilco.

• Roger Wilco is a phrase related to radio signalling.
    Roger : (message) Received
    Wilco: Will comply with message received.

Roger wilco meaning & definition 4 of Roger wilco.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Roger wilco around the world.