• A Wiccan is a member of the Pagan-Revivalist religion known as [Wicca]. Can be a male or female practitioner or lay-follower, either solitarily (on their own) or members of a Coven (group). See [Wicca] for more details on the religion and its practices.

Wiccan meaning & definition 1 of Wiccan.

• A follower of the neo-pagan religion [wicca]. Wiccans are polytheistic nature worshippers. They worship a moon goddess and horned god. They observe 8 sabbats, Samhain, Yule, Imbolc, Ostara, Midsummer, Beltane, Mabon and Lammas. They are based off of seasonal changes and harvests which also repersent changes in their god and goddess.
    Wiccans are not evil, and generally do not do bad magic, they follow the rule of three (Belief that what ever you do comes back to you three times as bad or good depending on what it was you did).
    In some respects Wicca is a old religion, as it is the revival of religions that perished when Christianity was spread like a plague through out europe, but wicca as we know it now didnt show up until the nineteen-hundreds.

Wiccan meaning & definition 2 of Wiccan.

• Wicca is one of many neo pagan traditions based off of The old religion in England, Ireland and Scotland where many looked to an Earth Goddess/ Fertility Goddess and a Hunter God. Wicca may well be one of the oldest religions in the world. Cave paintings 30,000 years old show a man with a stag head( God ) and a pregnant woman (goddess) encircled by 11 people. 13 makes up the ideal coven.
    Bide the Wiccan Law ye must,
    In perfect love and perfect trust.
    Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill
    Anye harm none, do what ye will.
    What ye send forth comes back to thee
    so ever mind the law of three.
    Follow this with mind and heart,
    Merry ye meet, and merry ye part.
    My heart and prayers to all those who are ignorant of this beautiful religion.

Wiccan meaning & definition 3 of Wiccan.

• I know people like to be funny, and they usually are, but Wiccans are not just Harry Potter fans, we are also not Jewish, yes many are just goth posers who thing they can take revenge on society for preforming black magic, which isnt Wicca. Some of us actually know about our religion. Like me, I spent six months researching Wicca before I converted because I wanted to know what I was worshiping. We only take offense when people call us evil because we arent, how would you like it if we were all Youre Catholic, you murderer, you are all murderers, you burned people. You would take offense, because your not ALL evil, Yes some pussy ass morons join Wicca and are all Ya now Im gunna kill everyone YAY! but thats because they are asshats.

Wiccan meaning & definition 4 of Wiccan.

• From Wicca: the way of the wise.
    Is someone who worships Nature for salvation practicing white magic, medicinal healing, and Spiritualism. Wiccan theology can be vast, but many are either Duotheists, Pantheists, or soft Polytheists. The belief in an afterlife depends on the individual, but many believe that through positive reincarnation youll be granted a heaven called the summerland (better existence on earth or another world), and through bad reincarnation a hell (lesser existence on earth). The Rede is: Anye harm none, do what ye will.
    The path was developed around the late 1950s by Gerald Gardner: a British anthropologist

Wiccan meaning & definition 5 of Wiccan.

• Someone who clearly doesnt understand that Urban Dictionary is meant to be funny, and makes entries trying really really hard to make sure everyone knows how PEACEFUL AND LOVING WICCA IS and HOW THEY ARENT REALLY SATAN WORSHIPERS, SRSLY. This is true of course, as Wiccans worship dirt and trees rather than the devil. They also think they can perform magic.
    Most Wiccans know very little about their religion. They are attracted to it because it claims to be peaceful, yet they are unaware that its largely based on ancient Celtic religions that used to burn people alive as sacrifices. They also lack the logic to see that a billion different religions cant all be true, so it makes very little sense to borrow from a ton of them.
    The Wicca religious population is made up mostly of fat women and angsty teenagers with semi-goth style and a longing for attention. Many like to go to school wearing their ceremonial robes, which are actually strictly made for formal occasions according to Wiccans who actually know stuff. They thrive on people looking at them funny, so they can chuckle to themselves about how ignorant they are or go and yell at them for being narrow minded bigots. Theyre also ridiculously politically correct about themselves and will get extremely offended by just about anything (like Halloween), but wont hesitate to insult other religions like Christianity or Judaism.
    In short, Wicca is a stupid fad which should die out soon enough.

Wiccan meaning & definition 6 of Wiccan.

• A believer in the most ancient Nature Religion of Mankind - one that traces its true origins way, far back to 1954.
    Female practitioners are traditionally called Witches while the males are known as Warlocks.
    They are both easily distinguished from non-Wiccans by their extreme over-use of Mascara.

Wiccan meaning & definition 7 of Wiccan.

• A practioner of Wicca, a psuedo religion that is considered so lame by the rest of us that it has less than twenty definitions in the Urban Dictionary. Those that belong (usually female) lie to themselves that they dont really care what others think about them, but deep down they do. Its all organic paganism and mother earth and gaia and witchcraft.

Wiccan meaning & definition 8 of Wiccan.

• The best damn thing out there!!!!!!!! we are not evil. we love the earth and her children!!!!! we dont hurt people with our [majick] !!!!!! not real wiccans. if you do you are not a wiccan, you are a witch. wiccans can call them selfs witches though. we love other religons and respect them!!!!!! why cant other people respect ours?!!?!? im 13 and people at my school said i should burn at the stake. IM NOT EVIL!!!!!!!!

Wiccan meaning & definition 9 of Wiccan.

• of or relating to Wicca (= a modern religion based on magic) :

Wiccan meaning & definition 10 of Wiccan.

• Relating to Wicca, a form of modern paganism.

Wiccan meaning & definition 11 of Wiccan.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Wiccan around the world.