• An American football term for when the quarterback drops to one knee immediately after receiving the snap, thus automatically ending the play.
    The use of taking a knee comes only near the end of a game when your team is in possession of the ball and holds a narrow lead (by a touchdown or less). If you execute a run or pass play, you risk turning the ball over and allowing the opposing team to gain possession and a chance to score. By taking a knee, you are able to run down the clock without putting the ball at risk.
    A boring, if strategically important, play.

Take a knee meaning & definition 1 of Take a knee.

• to take a temporary break from an activity.

Take a knee meaning & definition 2 of Take a knee.

• Take a Knee, the worst diss in sports. This term comes from American Football. Should you screw up during practice or worse, during a game, the coach tells you take a knee where which you go to the sideline and kneel down on one knee so that the team and audience can see your total humiliation. I first heard this term in 1984, though I know it has to originate from a date way before my time. My coach of at least 45 yrs. old at the time used this term.

Coach Says: Miss your read...Take a Knee. Miss your block...Take a Knee. Miss your hole...Take a knee.

Take a knee meaning & definition 3 of Take a knee.

• The act of kneeling down on one knee while pointing a finger towards the sky and pounding an alcoholic beverage of choice. The taking of knees can be passed out between comrades drinking, however once you command the taking of a knee the person taking the knee is free to return the favor. Knees are taken for many reasons including to get drunk, to celebrate, or as competition.

Take a knee meaning & definition 4 of Take a knee.

• To be interrupted in the act of performing cunnilingus on a frenchwomanin the lobby of your apartment by your housemate, ideally whilst wearing a waistcoat.

Take a knee meaning & definition 5 of Take a knee.

• To throw up due to the over consuption of alcohol.

Take a knee meaning & definition 6 of Take a knee.

• To get down on one knee to suck a mans penis. It may also refer to taking two knees, for if reciever lasts longer than 15 seconds.

Take a knee meaning & definition 7 of Take a knee.

• Verb. To urinate through the opening of your shorts at the knee, without removing your shorts.

Take a knee meaning & definition 8 of Take a knee.

• (in American football, of a quarterback ) to go down on one knee after receiving the ball, stopping the game temporarily:

Take a knee meaning & definition 9 of Take a knee.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Take a knee around the world.