• A way of admitting a mistake, and apologizing for that mistake, without actually apologizing. The best definition I ever read of this, now paraphrased:
    I did something bad, and I recognize that I did something bad, but there is nothing that can be done for it now, and there is technically no reason to apologize for that error, so lets just assume that I wont do it again, get over it, and move on with our lives.
    Ruder than apologizing, but with the same meaning: a flippant apology.

My bad meaning & definition 1 of My bad.

• (n.) A combination of an apology and a dismissal. Basically, saying oh yeah, I did that, but I dont care.
    Persons of an older generation can find this quite annoying to hear when expecting an actual apology.

My bad meaning & definition 2 of My bad.

• A grammatically incorrect way of acknowledging (facetiously) a wrongdoing.
    Used very commonly by gangsta-wannabes and other sorts of conforming posers, the terrible grammar tends to drive literate people up the wall in absolute irritation.

My bad meaning & definition 3 of My bad.

• A term currently used when a mistake is made on your part. Allegedly originating from an unamed African Basketball Player in the 1980s (who spoke very poor english)who said it after missing a free throw. Several Sportscasters heard the phrase and used it as a joke until it became a part of popular culture.

My bad meaning & definition 4 of My bad.

• A hipster way of admitting a mistake that sounds like a two year old who pooped his pants.

My bad meaning & definition 5 of My bad.

• Incredibly annoying phrase which people use when they do something stupid or wrong

My bad meaning & definition 6 of My bad.

• A way of appologizing when you dont reallly care about the situation. Kind of like saying whatever.

My bad meaning & definition 7 of My bad.

• Something very annoying commonly said after one makes a mistake.

My bad meaning & definition 8 of My bad.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of My bad around the world.