• Yiddish: short for Oy vey iz mir, Oh, woe is me!

Oy vey meaning & definition 1 of Oy vey.

• Jewish exasperated exclamation

Oy vey meaning & definition 2 of Oy vey.

• Yiddish for oh woe, a Jewish expression often of frustration, but also of excitement.

Oy vey meaning & definition 3 of Oy vey.

• Another way to say, Oh boy or Oh my goodness.

Oy vey meaning & definition 4 of Oy vey.

• A explanation of dismay or exasperation.

It derives from Italian dialect and was later picked up by the Yiddish

Oy vey meaning & definition 5 of Oy vey.

• First of all, it is YIDDISH, not Dutch or Swiss-German. (Swiss-German? Where did that one come from?) It means: Woe is me and is an expression of surprise, unhappiness, and disgust. And as for all you Deutsch-and Schweizers: Du verdammter idiotes! Ja, du kleine scheisse! Das ist Yiddish! YIDDISH! (the grammar may be wrong, I dont spreche that well)

Now that Im done ranting (Oy vey! Did I really just say all that?) I can say one final thing. To all who think its French, German, or Dutch, you are a shanda far di goyim! Thank you.

Oy vey meaning & definition 6 of Oy vey.

• This is a Yiddish phrase... not French like some dumbasses think.

Oy vey meaning & definition 7 of Oy vey.

• A form and phrase of astonishment for people of Jewish descent. Also refers to excitement of a half price off sale or any other type of discount on useless yet cheap items.Along with excitement to sales and bargains, the term oy vey! can also associate with a negative excitement such as an outrageously overpriced item.

Oy vey meaning & definition 8 of Oy vey.

• Schwytzer Düütsch (Swiss German) (heard it said in and around the German-speaking parts of Switzerland. Who knows, could be the Jewish influence...): oh no!

Oy vey meaning & definition 9 of Oy vey.

• [A word] [used] in [grief]

Oy vey meaning & definition 10 of Oy vey.

• The [Jewish] [Oh no].

Oy vey meaning & definition 11 of Oy vey.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Oy vey around the world.