• A scary enough place to visit and I hate having to live there.

Depression meaning & definition 1 of Depression.

• The worst emotion you could ever feel. Every day becomes a living hell and [you wonder] if you have a purpose on this earth and why you should even be alive anyway. Depression will cause you to be on the edge of tears every minute of the day, and you eventually just stop caring about everything. Relationships suffer, friendships end, and suddenly you feel alone and theres no one but depression to keep you company. Sometimes depression is mistaken for [melodrama], and the person who you think is crying for attention is actually screaming on the inside. [Depressed people] wish they could end the agony, but cant because there arent many alternatives.
    Depression usually doesnt have just one cause. Its a whole load of little problems that [pile up] after an unspecific length of time(depending on the problems, and how long youve kept your feelings [bottled] up inside) and eventually grow to become unbearable. You feel trapped and you want out but theres no way out, and every single simple everyday task like waking up and going to school becomes futile in your mind.

Depression meaning & definition 2 of Depression.

• When youve felt like the world has been against you for [so long], that youve become [numb] to everything.
    Its not [a joke].

Depression meaning & definition 3 of Depression.

• A place that can only be seen by those that have had their wings broken and have fallen below the [clouds]. The ground there is dark, and damp, and cold. The air there makes your mouth [stick together] like mud, making it physically hard to speak, and it freezes your bones, making it near impossible for them to move. The people that still live above the clouds call out to you, they say dont sit around like that, cant you see how beautiful the sun is? Be grateful! When they do not understand that you cannot see the sun, only the underside of the clouds. It is possible to get out of this place once you are there, many people just have to wait for their wings to heal, and then remember [how to fly] again to get into the sunlight. But many also rot like a sitting [hen] after their wings have healed, for they do not remember how to fly even if it is possible, or they get lost on their way up and decide it too scary, only to [plummet] down again. The only way back up from there is if someone who can fly decides to come down and carry you up, but it this world, that is one in a million.

Depression meaning & definition 4 of Depression.

• When the whole [world] is one [giant] [inside joke] that youre not a part of.

Depression meaning & definition 5 of Depression.

• Every day, minute, SECOND, is painful. You have hate and pain running through your veins constantly that it controls you. Every cell in your body hates your existence and screams at you to end it all. You constantly think and wonder WHY!? Why were you the one who ended [up in this] life. Why did you grow up to be the miserable one.
    Every night is long and dark, as you lie awake and feel too afraid to sleep, but in too much pain to remain conscious. Every morning you wake up and the familiar dark thoughts envelop you as you realize you have to exist for another horrible day.
    It is a feeling of absolute loneliness. You feel that you have no one, yet everyone else has everyone. You look around at all the people you know enjoying friends and family and relationships andwonder why youre alone. Just so utterly alone.
    You constantly think Why am I [still here]? [What am I doing]?... You wish you could just exist in a world of sleep where you didnt really have to live or think or breathe. Nothing makes sense to you or gives you comfort except for the concept of [non-existence]... Suicide. Suicide is the only thing that makes sense to you. [Non-existence] seems like the only sensible solution. You despise every second you exist on Earth.

Depression meaning & definition 6 of Depression.

• Im probablyl not adding anything realy new but this is my description of depression.
    Imagine sitting inside of a box, Its a totaly transparent box, You can see a whole world outside of you with all the pleasures it can offer (you know like having fun with friends, playing games, listening to your favorite music, etc) Heres [the catch], [that box] your inside of... Its [bolted] to the ground. Your trapped inside with no way of ever getting out.
    To me, That is what depression feels like

Depression meaning & definition 7 of Depression.

• Feelings of severe despondency and dejection.

Depression meaning & definition 8 of Depression.

• [Depression] is often taken lightly, which often just makes someone who is suffering from it feel worse
    The true weight of [depression]
    Depression removes all of your interest in what you used to love, you gain no enjoyment from anything, this makes you feel sad, as you remember the time when you could enjoy stuff
    Music just makes you reflect [on life], making you feel worse
    You feel that any food is wasted on you, or you eat too much, because you dont care about appearance
    You can laugh but, something is missing, laughing doesnt make you feel good
    You tend to sleep inconsistently, in fact Im writing this now-- at [4:00am], Ill probably wake up at 3:00pm, [another day] wasted
    You dont feel like talking
    You have no energy to do anything
    You are often alone, wondering [the meaning of life]
    You feel insignificant
    The worst part of depression in my opinion is not knowing what caused it and not knowing if you will [get better]
    If someone tells you that they have depression, you must take it seriously, they really need your help
    People do care about you, no matter what you think
    There is hope, for an entire week, I enjoyed everything I used to, I couldnt stop smiling, it was the best feeling in the world, and after feeling that, I know it is possible to kick depression and live life
    And If you have depression, I hope that you will try to get better, its not a case of not getting better, you just have to try

Depression meaning & definition 9 of Depression.

• The disorder depression is a feeling of sadness intense enough to interfere with functioning and/or a decreased interest or pleasure in activities. It may follow a recent loss or other sad event but is out of proportion to that event and lasts beyond an appropriate length of time.

Heredity, side effects of drugs, emotionally distressing events, changes in levels of hormones or other substances in the body, and other factors can contribute to depression.
    Depression can make people sad and sluggish and/or lose all interest and pleasure in activities they used to enjoy.
    Doctors base the diagnosis on symptoms.
    Antidepressants, psychotherapy, and sometimes electroconvulsive therapy can help.

People often use the term depression to describe the sad or discouraged mood that results from emotionally distressing events, such as a natural disaster, a serious illness, or death of a loved one. People may also say they feel depressed at certain times, such as during the holidays (holiday blues) or on the anniversary of a loved one

Depression meaning & definition 10 of Depression.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Depression around the world.