• An expression composed of two or more terms, connected by thesigns plus or minus; as, a2 - 2ab b2.

Polynomial meaning & definition 1 of Polynomial.

• a mathematical term which has no use in real life,
    unless u like finding out how much space something takes up.
    which no one really does.
    i like polynomials tho.they are easy to factor and stuff like dat.

Polynomial meaning & definition 2 of Polynomial.

• A sex position where botht the man and the woman contort their bodies in an exotic position resembling a polynomial

Polynomial meaning & definition 3 of Polynomial.

• Basically, the granddaddy of all equations across all spectrums of mathematics. If you can manipulate polynomials, you can represent almost all mathematical functions graphically.

Also, to clarify the butthurt definition given ahead of me, polynomials actually are not useless in real life. And they are used for much more than the 6th grade application given. Granted, said definer probably didn't use them much in his career flipping burgers.

The form of a polynomial is as follows: Given k is a positive integer, and C is a real number coefficient, and a is the value of x defined as the center of the polynomial...

A polynomial expression can be expressed by C(x-a)^k.

Expression will be k 1 terms long, each k one integer less until k = 0.

Example: k=3, a=0, C0=100,C1=1,C2=2, C3=3

3(x)^3 2(x)^2 1(x)^1 100(x)^0

All polynomials can be expressed in this manner. Note that a cleaner way to express polynomials is through series, but I don't know how to type that correctly.

Polynomial meaning & definition 4 of Polynomial.

• a number or variable (= mathematical symbol) , or the result of adding or subtracting two or more numbers or variables

Polynomial meaning & definition 5 of Polynomial.

• Consisting of several terms.

Polynomial meaning & definition 6 of Polynomial.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Polynomial around the world.