• According to certain actual, credible dictionaries (which I cannot name because of potential legal issues), [snuck] evolved in the mid-late 19th Century United States from the word sneak. Frequently those who engage in hypercorrection (yes, that is a word, look it up) say that there is no such word. However, this is misleading and ignores both the inevitable evolution of the English language as well as the authoritative comments of most English dictionaries, which do in fact recognize it as a valid colloquialism. (Most do so whilst still observing that most people do not consider it proper in formal English).
    The argument that the word is a false irregular verb and is therefore improper ignores countless other commonly used words which do the very same thing; e.g., [pled], dove. A similar argument could also be made for the seemingly nonsensical yet true proposition that [flammable] and [inflammable] mean the same thing.
    It also fails to take into consideration that even [standardized], proper English has very few firm rules, that most rules of proper English have many exceptions, and that formal vocabulary, grammar, spelling, etc. vary from place to place. (Colour/color; quotes/quotes; punctuation [inside quotes],/punctuation outside quotes, [possessives] [apostrophe]/its lack of apostrophe, while/whilst, and the like.)
    Of course, this does not excuse the complete and utter abuse of English by many people today; e.g. u for you, ur for your/youre, i for I, wat for what, etc. However, snuck does not fall into this blatantly vulgar category.

Snuck meaning & definition 1 of Snuck.

• past simple and past participle of sneak

Snuck meaning & definition 2 of Snuck.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Snuck around the world.