• A tribe of North American Indians, which formerly occupied theregion between the Wabash and Mississippi rivers.

Illinois meaning & definition 1 of Illinois.

• A state that feels more like a large city surrounded by farmland. Most people who live in this state feel that it is divided into two areas--Chicago and Downstate. Although the official state capital is Springfield, just about everything gets done in Chicago. In fact, some out-of-staters actually believe that the capital of Illinois is Chicago. Because of this, and many other things, most downstaters resent everything and everyone from Chicago.

Illinois meaning & definition 2 of Illinois.

• A great Midwestern state that represents [The North], the South, and the [Midwest] all in one. This is because the length of Illinois runs up and down for over 300 miles: the northernmost area being along the Wisconsin border, and the southernmost area being at the confluence of the Mississippi River and [Ohio River], located at the small town of Cairo (pronounced KAY-row).
    The state of Illinois consists of flat plains, cultivated farmlands, rich river valleys, a few forests, and well laid-out urban cities. The largest of these cities is the major metropolis of [Chicago] with its massive skyline and high population of just under 3 million people. Its metropolitan, surrounding-area population amounts to an even larger 7 million people.
    The second largest city is Aurora, then Rockford. Springfield and Peoria are practically equal in size, with a population of around 113,000 each. This is an awesome state that everyone should visit.

Illinois meaning & definition 3 of Illinois.

• A midwestern state where you could see a Porshe and a John Deere tractor on the same country road on your way to eat a Pony Shoe (or if you're hungry, a Horse Shoe) with your neighbors who happen to be a farmer, a stock broker, a doctor, and a hippie (i.e., very diverse). Illinoisians are infatuated with the outdoors, as shown by the multitude of state parks throughout the state. Although there sometimes tends to be tension between the Chicagoans and Downstaters, both unite together in their loyalty and pride in Illinois.

Illinois meaning & definition 4 of Illinois.

• The BEST state in the Union. From the bluffs and hill country in the south to the massive Chicago metropolis to the north, the beaches on Lake Michigan to the east, and the river valleys to the west, Illinois has got it all.

Illinois meaning & definition 5 of Illinois.

1. The Land of Lincoln
      2.Obamanation (Fuck You Hawaii)
      3.The space inbetween Chicago and St. Louis and the eventual battleground in the war between Cubs fans and Cards fans.
    2. Home of the most corrupt politicians in the world.

Illinois meaning & definition 6 of Illinois.

• The proper name of a very nice State, which is usually mis-pronounced as ill-in-noise. It's actuall pronunciation is ill-in-oy. People who mispronounce it in the presence of someone from that great State are usually in for a verbal and/or physical smack-down.

Illinois meaning & definition 7 of Illinois.

• Heaven on Earth

I am currently at school in Cleveland Ohio, trust all of Illinois rocks. I am from the suburbs of Chiacgo, i did not realize how good i had it until i came here.

First of all you cannot buy alcohol after 10 in ohio. they have no 24 hr. establishments, and their football team is the Browns.

The best things about Chigao are the pizza, Da bears, and that there is actually things to do here. those reasons alone are reason enough to live here.

Illinois meaning & definition 8 of Illinois.

• probably one of the best places in america. theres chicago and the Downstate, and they're both awesome. illinois has everything, from the big city to the rolling farmlands, from the mississippi valley to the hills in the south, from the cliffs and bluffs in the northwest to the beaches in the northeast. from the extreme seasons to the fast drivers, and the endlessly booming suburbs. illinois is an amazing place to have your home in, and an awesome place to grow up. oh yeah, its POP, not soda or cola or any of that shit

Illinois meaning & definition 9 of Illinois.

• Consisting [of corn].

Illinois meaning & definition 10 of Illinois.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Illinois around the world.