• The uneasiness or pain of mind which is produced by the loss ofany good, real or supposed, or by diseappointment in the expectationof good; grief at having suffered or occasioned evil; regret;unhappiness; sadness. Milton.How great a sorrow suffereth now Arcite! Chaucer.The safe and general antidote against sorrow is employment. Rambler.

Sorrow meaning & definition 1 of Sorrow.

• The feeling you get when nothing in life is going right, often comes just before self-pity, and then possibly suicide.

Sorrow meaning & definition 2 of Sorrow.

• Sorrow. Sorrow would be the feeling I feel seethe its way within my soul every moment, every day, ever year. The feeling I get when I think that I may have actually found the love of my life, the one person to cast my doubts and fears aside. 'Tis also the feeling that has remained pent-up within me for so long, other words used to describe it. Loneliness, forlorn, solitude, it all means one thing... empty on the inside, void of all feeling and deprived of compassion and love. A feeling that I fear will soon consume me entirely, and I know not how it will end... but I do know one thing, I know that it WILL end. I shall see to it... personally.

Sorrow meaning & definition 3 of Sorrow.

• Mental suffering or pain caused by injury, loss, or despair.

Sorrow meaning & definition 4 of Sorrow.

• When you feel so [helpless] and stupid and you think nothing is ever gonna be good again, and even [macaroni and cheese] taste like [sawdust], and you cant even bother to masturbate because it feels too energy-consuming.

Sorrow meaning & definition 5 of Sorrow.

• A [group] of [goths].

Sorrow meaning & definition 6 of Sorrow.

• Used DELIBERATELY in place of the word SORRY
    so as to inflict subconcious [negativity].
    I read it in a novel where the young male character, having done a mis-deed, rather than feel the full [brunt] of guilt (whether by having an excuse or absence of conscience) deliberately speaks the word [SORROW] instead of SORRY

Sorrow meaning & definition 7 of Sorrow.

• A feeling of deep distress caused by loss, disappointment, or other misfortune suffered by oneself or others.

Sorrow meaning & definition 8 of Sorrow.

• (a cause of) a feeling of great sadness:

Sorrow meaning & definition 9 of Sorrow.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Sorrow around the world.