• The [Baphomet] is a name long associated with [the Knights Templar]. In the 19th century, the name became well known due to several publications of psuedo-history works that tried to link the Knights Templar with conspiracy theories detailing their suppression. Baphomet then came to be associated with the Sabattic Goat image drawn by Eliphas Levi.
    The name Baphomet has been traced as far back to the crusades. King Phillip IV of France arrested a massive amount of French [Templars], and had them tortured. The name Baphomet commonly comes up in their confessions, in reference to an idol they had worshiped.
    The description of the object changed from confession to confession. Some Templars denied any knowledge of it. Others, under torture, described it as being either a [severed head], a cat, or a head with three faces.
    Baphomet is commonly referred to as Satan, but that is not altogether true, there is more hidden meaning.
    But, as Levis Baphomet image suggests, Baphomet is commonly portrayed as a synonym of Satan, or a demon.
    The symbol of the goat in the downward-pointed pentagram was adopted as the official symbol — called the [Sigil] of Baphomet — of the Church of Satan, and continues to be used amongst Satanists.
    Baphomet is also commonly referred to in Antichristian Death Metal. The [blackened Death Metal] band Behemoth has a song called the Horns ov Baphomet, which the lyrics go as such:
    Rise thy horns
    For Im at one with the dark
    Divine presence ascends
    Touching the forehead ov god
    Hark! I was not, I have become
    In rapture, in vengeance, in blood
    From word into flesh
    From man into god
    Strive ever to more
    So [spake] the wisdom ov snake
    Hold up thyself
    [Sayeth] the law ov the brave
    Beyond all I am
    Let it be known
    Within my blood fire stirs
    Thee I invoke, The Unspoken One
    As the wolf among sheep yet cower I do not
    Victorious, glorious, constantly [thirsting]
    And as the anger fuels my heart and will
    No longer fear that which feeble men fear
    No rest for [conquerors]!, Legions of [Typhon] Seth await
    Conquering child ov Mars breathes out war formula
    [Ain Soph Aur]
    Protect my ways
    Enlighten my paths
    Consume me with thy rays
    I, the heart ov Tiphareth is waiting
    The centre and secret ov the Sun
    I invoke the [Sothis] rites, as day and night Im reborn
    ...We shall all be one with the flames, from above...
    Satan is a major aspect in Death Metal, and Baphomet is also a major aspect of the Knights Templar legends. Many questions still remain unanswered.
    How did Baphomet come into being?
    And why?
    What is Baphomet?
    Scholars try to answer these questions, but the truth may never be known.

Horns of baphomet meaning & definition 1 of Horns of baphomet.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Horns of baphomet around the world.