• Having colors like the rainbow; exhibiting a play of changeablecolors; nacreous; prismatic; as, iridescent glass.

Iridescent meaning & definition 1 of Iridescent.

• the conventional term would be
    –adjective

displaying a play of lustrous colors like those of the rainbow.
    –noun

an iridescent cloth, material, or other substance: new fall dresses of imported iridescents.
    In my opinion, which I'm applying to Linkin Park's Song Iridescent is as follows: A beautiful song that starts out with the perspective of complete and utter sadness and devastation, which could be a possible reference to a death of a close friend (i.e killed right in front of you in during a war) or a torn family that resulted from a divorce. Along with that introduction, the medium of the piano is used which helps emphasize the emotions of isolation in the cold world. After the first verse and chorus, more and more ambient sounds are added in contribution to a gradual climax of significance to their message. Let all of your sadness go, because it wasn't your fault that your friend was killed in combat or if you're parents left you. Instead of harboring the malady of sadness and frustration, forgive yourself and let go of the guilt you held on to.

Iridescent meaning & definition 2 of Iridescent.

• showing many bright colours that change with movement:

Iridescent meaning & definition 3 of Iridescent.

• Showing luminous colors that seem to change when seen from different angles.

Iridescent meaning & definition 4 of Iridescent.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Iridescent around the world.