• A term frequently used by politicians when accused of something scandalous. It means: I did it, but as long as theres no [smoking gun] I will deny it completely. Most such scandals involve illicit sex, bribery, influence peddling or misuse of public funds.

A worn-out public relations phrase that nobody believes anymore. [Nixons] famous remark -- [I am not a crook] -- sounds positively Shakespearian in comparison.

Categorically false meaning & definition 1 of Categorically false.

• In order to understand the meaning of [Categorically False], one must understand the Categorical approach to defining crimes. Where there are two crimes that may be similar in nature, but defined differently in different areas (Such as Burglary and Shoplifting) then one may or may not be the same as the other.
    For example, State X defines walking into a store in the middle of the day and stealing [X amount] of product from the shelf as Burglary. State Y defines the same action as Shoplifting. It is in a defense [attorneys] best interest to argue that this conviction, especially as it applies to Federal Law (enhancing sentences based on prior convictions), does not fall in the same category as a specified crime.
    So, in practice, it means that a reporter asking someones opinion of whether or not the charges of [drug smuggling] to a relative are true. The interviewee would respond, Those charges are [categorically false]. Meaning, this person did something... but not defined in the way you just asked about.

Categorically false meaning & definition 2 of Categorically false.

• For such a thing to exist, there must also exist its [inseparable] opposite. Its, very clearly, a non admission admission, thats synonymous with [compartmentalization], which is where we must look for an in [depth] understanding of its true meaning.

Categorically false meaning & definition 3 of Categorically false.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Categorically false around the world.