• Lindy is short for the Lindy effect. The Lindy effect is a concept that the future life expectancy of some [non-perishable] things like a technology or an idea is proportional to their current age, so that every additional period of survival implies a longer remaining life expectancy. Where the Lindy effect applies, [mortality] rate decreases with time. In contrast, living creatures and mechanical things follow a bathtub curve where, after childhood, the mortality rate increases with time. [Because life] expectancy is probabilistically derived, a thing may become extinct before its expected survival. In other words, one needs to gauge both the age and health of the thing to determine continued survival.

Lindy meaning & definition 1 of Lindy.

• Lindy: Name of a person who is slightly shy but shouldnt be because she is so awesome. Super funny, is way more beautiful than she realizes, and everyone would love her if shed let them. [IE]: A girl who is too [modest] and would have [plenty] of friends if shed open herself up.

Lindy meaning & definition 2 of Lindy.

• She is a girl who i see everyday in the [classroom]. She so sweet and kind. She so innocent when she look up on [tall people]. When i say something to her i feel [embarrassed] but it seem she misunderstand my intention to her. What else could i say i guess i fell for her from the start when i saw her smiling

Lindy meaning & definition 3 of Lindy.

• A girl that is normally blonde,and they act like it too. They are very smart and love to learn. Everyone tells them that they are pretty but they dont [believe it]. [Lindys] have a weird sense of humor that sometimes can be [scary]. Over all Lindys are great people and you should get to know one because they are awesome!!

Lindy meaning & definition 4 of Lindy.

• Shortened name for [Lindy Hop], the mother of all swing dances. The name comes from a 1927 news headline which proclaimed Lindy Hops the Atlantic with reference to [Charles Lindberghs] legendary flight.
    The dance is between partners, one leader and one follower, typically a man and woman. The choreography is improvised [on the fly] by the lead, who guides the follow through turns, pushes, and other steps.
    The timing is based on four-count blocks, and is typically danced to big-band swing music.

Lindy meaning & definition 5 of Lindy.

• Simply put not realizing what one had he allowed himself to lose the one of the best people ever put in his life.

Lindy meaning & definition 6 of Lindy.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Lindy around the world.