• A hill in Jerusalem, which, after the capture of that city bythe Israelites, became the royal residence of David and hissuccessors.

Zion meaning & definition 1 of Zion.

• Hill located in Jerusalem, just west of the Temple Mount, right outside the walls of the Old City. Site of the tomb of David I. The name 'Zion' is also a synonym for Jerusalem. Pronounced in Hebrew as see-YONE.

Zion meaning & definition 2 of Zion.

• All the other definitions are wrong - Zion is the biblical land of Israel (as opposed to modern Israel), not a hill, clan, person or group. A belief that Zion is the Jewish homeland and the best place for Jews to be, as outlined in the Old Testament or Torah, is known as [Zionism]. The proper, Hebrew pronunciation is Tsee-On. I know this because I am a Jew, FYI, so anyone who says Zion is, and I quote, a

Zion meaning & definition 3 of Zion.

1. Zion or Shion, meaning literally The

Zion meaning & definition 4 of Zion.

• A place of spiritual enlightenment.

Zion meaning & definition 5 of Zion.

• ok, so I'm sick of fake definitions (no, its not the city from the matrix) so im gonna put it down how its supposed to be..

Zion is not a defined place - not a town, mountain, cave, lake or whatever it is a symbolical place that forms a strong spiritual bond with believers such as rastafari people. It can be any of those places its a matter of where YOU make it... it has to be a place where you find your inner peace and are calm and peaceful so you can achieve total happines.

Zion meaning & definition 6 of Zion.

• A Hebrew word meaning a place of refuge, sactuary.

A state of mind.

Zion meaning & definition 7 of Zion.

• A sophisticated, smart young man. Not only is he smart, but he's sexy and sweet and can penetrate a girl with his huge dick . He is usually an African-American. He uses big words and has extremely correct grammar. One who is good at basketball and will one day be in the NBA. He's a kind, sweet, funny, sexy, and considerate guy. He's not a follower, nor a leader. Zion is pretty much the typical teen.

Zion meaning & definition 8 of Zion.

• Anti-Slavery
    The longing for Zion of the Babylonian Hebrews was adopted as a metaphor by Christianized Black slaves. Thus, Zion symbolizes a longing, by wandering peoples, for a safe homeland. This could be a literal place such as in Ethiopia for Rastafarians for example. For others, it has taken on a more spiritual meaning—a safe spiritual homeland, like in heaven, or a kind of peace of mind in one's present life.

Zion meaning & definition 9 of Zion.

• A funny, weird, cool, cute guy who tries to keep as many friends as possible. He's the best guy friend or boyfriend you could ask for. He usually doesn't respond to texts right away because he usually busy or focused on his life at that moment to keep his friends and family happy. He's shy at first but give it a week of hanging out with him and he's your best friend. He gives great hugs and can make you laugh whenever or wherever. Zion is basically the perfect guy.

Zion meaning & definition 10 of Zion.

• the hill on which the city of Jerusalem was originally built, sometimes used to refer to the city itself:

Zion meaning & definition 11 of Zion.

• The hill of Jerusalem on which the city of David was built.

Zion meaning & definition 12 of Zion.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Zion around the world.