• Pertaining to rebels or rebellion; acting in revolt;rebellious; as, rebel troops.Whoso be rebel to my judgment. Chaucer.Convict by flight, and rebel to all law. Milton.

Rebel meaning & definition 1 of Rebel.

• A rebel is a person who stands up for their own personal opinions despite what anyone else says. A true rebel stands up for what they believe is right, not against what's right. It's not about smoking crack, drinking till you're rendered unconsious, or beating the crap out of anyone that crosses your path. It's all about being an individual and refusing to follow a crowd that forces you to think the same way they do even if it means becoming an outcast to society. True rebels know who they are and do not compromise their individuality or personal opinion for anyone. They're straightforward and honest and they will sure as hell tell it like it is.

Rebel meaning & definition 2 of Rebel.

• A person who does not conform to what others prefer.

Rebel meaning & definition 3 of Rebel.

• Someone who believes in what they believe in. And isn't afraid to say it. Strong-willed. Doesn't conform. Individal. Often anti-authority. Does what they want. Thinks for themselves.

Unfortunately, rebels are now considered rednecks or goths. And most rebels now aren't really rebels. Most rebels conform to the other rebels. Which is just wrong on multiple levels. The term and true meaning of rebel has been slaughtered. Bashed. Destroyed. Cliche-ified.

Rebel meaning & definition 4 of Rebel.

• someone who exhibits in great independence in thought and action

Rebel meaning & definition 5 of Rebel.

• People who express their opinions and doesn't give a shit about the consequences and what other people think about them. A true hero.

Rebel meaning & definition 6 of Rebel.

• What is the definition of rebel? A rebel can refer hatred towards tradition, and it can mean to fight for your eternal right. Example, [Martin Luther King] was a rebel in a way, no offense to his heroism, because he wanted his right to be free, and for [Black] and [White] people to finally get along. No more East end and West end, and no more East or West [Germany], in which is another example of a rebel. And one other example is lets say someone from [Ireland] hates Guinness. That makes them a rebel usually.

Rebel meaning & definition 7 of Rebel.

• daring
    hot
    draws attention effortlessly
    wears her own style
    has a definite problem with rules and authorities
    stands up for her fam
    strong willed
    stubborn
    loud
    unique
    is in their own category

Rebel meaning & definition 8 of Rebel.

• Wanna know what what a true rebel/non-conformist is? It isnt someone who rags on other cliques or openly does something stupid or rude to others. It isnt someone who follows some popular choice of style. It isnt someone who does drugs or drink. And it DEFINETELY isnt one of those stereotypes from old fifties movies! Its someone who can hardly stand out at all because theyre lost in the sea of cliques. You simply cannot classify a rebel in any clique, because they follow their own dress code putting on and picking out what they think is cool and not wearing something because it seems punk or preppy. A rebel doesnt do something because its hot for the moment or because it seems hardcore or something a rebel would wear. As a matter of fact, most rebels dont even know they are rebels. They befriend whoever they like, listen to whatever they want to listen to, and behave in the manner they see fit. These people live their lives the way they want to and not the way everyone expects them to. They can be punk one day, preppy the next, and hip hop by the end of the week but they never conform to one thing (unless they just really like it). In short, a rebel/non-conformist lives life the way they see fit without caring how others see them and what others think. Think youre a rebel? Check out your wardrope, your style of music, your friends and ask yourself, Do I really like this because I think its cool or because others think it suits me? Do I really like this person or do I associate with them because others expect me to?
    Trust, true rebels are far in between and are often the most unlikely people youll ever think of.

Rebel meaning & definition 9 of Rebel.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Rebel around the world.