Posts made by Oralee
- (v) To strike with force; (n) a forceful strike, a blow or attack.
- A single serving or dose, generally a [drug] or alcoholic drink
- To use something, usually a drug
- A result of a search on a search engine
- Visits to a web page
- To visit; to go to
- To have [sex] with
- To make (sexually-motivated) advances on
- To mark with graffiti; to [tag]
- Ugly, as if having been hit with something
- A murder or assasination. Or, a mandate for one.
- A successful or popular thing
- To communicate; to call or message
- To realize something suddenly; to discover
RE: Blue stocking
Nerdy girl who doesnt bother with fashion or hair styling and make up, sometimes to the point of childish lack of dress sense.
Originates in the 18th century where the blue wool stockings were casual, laid back options as opposed to expensive silk ones in ever-changing fashions. The blue stockings were scholarly women who were too busy engaged in improving their minds to worry about constantly updating their wardrobes.
Like nerd and boffin this term is a social stereotype for what is actually a trait of Aspergers Syndrome/autism: the lack of awareness of social cues and trends such as fashion, the desire for comfortable dress and just finding studying more interesting than expensive dress.