• Bohunk originates as a slang/derogatory term directed specifically at those of Bohemian descent. Bohemians are from the region now known as The Czech Republic.

Bohunk meaning & definition 1 of Bohunk.

• Originally a rather offensive racial slur describing those of Bohemian descent, now bohunk can refer to most any Catholic Slavic immigrant (though its still offensive).

Bohunk meaning & definition 2 of Bohunk.

• In western Canada bohunks are Ukranians

Bohunk meaning & definition 3 of Bohunk.

• a derogative term used in the USA for Hungarians and Czechs. Im Hungarian and it doesnt offend me.

Bohunk meaning & definition 4 of Bohunk.

• My grandfather came here from Bohemia just after 1900. He use that word frequently when I was a kid. Apparently, the term has been in use for a long time.

Bohunk meaning & definition 5 of Bohunk.

• White trash. Originally Eastern-European immigrants from BOhemian (Czech Republic) and HUNGarian.

Bohunk meaning & definition 6 of Bohunk.

• A nasty term of derision for Eastern European Caucasians. Sort of Like Nigger is to African Americans or Canadians.

Bohunk meaning & definition 7 of Bohunk.

• slang term for one from Bohemia.

Bohunk meaning & definition 8 of Bohunk.

• I am of Bohemian heritage and grew up in Milwaukee WI. Lots of Germans in Milwaukee with all the breweries. High born Germans, who owned much of the city, could be very derogatory to the Central European nationalities. Even low born Germans made comments in my neighborhood. We had so many different CEs living on a 6 block parameter, we had to be careful which bar we walked into alone. Pool stick bar fights could break out easy enough. With a bar/tap on pretty much each corner of the blocks, there was no problem claiming one for your own. They had great names too. Not just the factory beer On Tap sign. We would identify them by the nationality and knew others called us the bohunk tap. There was the kraut tap, the polack etc..
    Like other in groups, wed call each other bohunks. That was ok, but if you aint one, youd get pounded. Racist stuff certainly, but back in the day when youve got nothing but dead end blue collar jobs working for the meat packers, tool and die factories or the rough and ready smelting business down in what we called Pig Town, a cold one or 10 each with a sidecar at the end of the day was the way it went. You had to blame someone for your misery.
    Still does, which I why I got out.

Bohunk meaning & definition 9 of Bohunk.

• A [Bohunk] is the same thing as a [bohemian], the bohemians come from the area of [Czechoslovakia] and are very much German. More or less they are a form of German there are Bohunks and Dragens, etc. I dont know much about the Dragens otherwise. They are influenced some by surrounding areas such as Austria.
    By the way we are not hippies were very much different to be quite exact. Im not saying we hate trees and the earth and life itself or anything but we arent necessarily planning a huge save the world campaign!

Bohunk meaning & definition 10 of Bohunk.

• An immigrant from central or south-eastern Europe, especially a laborer.

Bohunk meaning & definition 11 of Bohunk.

• @lanell wtf is a high born german? Another jew burner with his own oven?

Bohunk meaning & definition 12 of Bohunk.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Bohunk around the world.