Weeble

• Weeble

A wobbly (but [unfallydowny]) toy from back in the day. (Actually, it originated in the [70s], which is well before MY [back in the day], but I can pretend to be cool and know what Im talking about.) (And anyway, [Playskool] still makes incarnarnations of the darn things.)

While I never had Hasbros [brand name] Weebles, I did play with a DIY version my uncle made for me. It involved a purple plastic easter egg (you know, the kind you get three jelly beans in) with a penny taped inside the bottom half and a rather frightening face drawn on in [Sharpie]. Basically, like the actual Weeble, you could bat it around and it would always right itself. It wasnt that far off from the real thing, either.

Being a somewhat [belligerent] child, I took the slogan as a personal affront, and spent many hours (well, at least twenty minutes] trying to devise ways to MAKE THE DARN THING STAY TIPPED OVER. Gluing it to the table might have worked, but I was caught before the [elmers] had set. [Would that I were] still so carefree!

Admittedly not a hugely challenging idea for a toy, but hey.

• * These videos are coming directly from Youtube, they may or may not be most relevant to the word "Weeble"

Looks like your connection to Define Dictionary Meaning was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.