• an crew of people formed to disrespect other people

Dissociation meaning & definition 1 of Dissociation.

• Dissociating is one of the most common responses to abuse and trauma. It involves feeling numb, [detached] or unreal and (while it happens to everyone once in a while) is experienced more frequently and severely in survivors. Dissociating people vary widely in symptoms and may experience any or all things from the following list.
    Types of [dissociation]:
    Depersonalisation
    Common: “I feel strange / weird”, “I felt as if I was floating away”, “I felt disembodied / disconnected / detached / far away from myself”, “apart from everything”, “in a place of my own / alone”, “like I was there but not there”, “I could see and hear everything but couldn’t respond”.
    Derealisation
    “My surroundings seem unreal / far away”, “i felt [spaced out]”, “it was like looking at the world through a veil or glass”, “i felt cut off or distant from the immediate surroundings”, “objects appeared diminished in size / flat / dream-like / cartoon like / artificial / [unsolid]”.
    Other [dissociative] symptoms:
    Memory: “I drove the car home / got dressed / had dinner but can’t remember anything about it”, “I don’t who I am or how I got here” ([fugue state]), “ I remember things but it doesn’t feel like it was me that was there”.
    Identity: “I feel like I’m two seperate people/someone else”.
    Other: “I felt like Time was passing incredibly slow/quickly”, “I get so absorbed in a fantasy/TV programme that it seems real”, “I felt an emptiness in my head as if I was not having any thoughts at all”.

Dissociation meaning & definition 2 of Dissociation.

• The action of disconnecting or separating or the state of being disconnected.

Dissociation meaning & definition 3 of Dissociation.

• A brief moment where you feel like your conciousness leaves your body... lasts a few seconds. Usually occurs while walking.

Common instances where [dissociation] occurs:

1. Walking alone through a [dark house] at [3am]
    2. A really busy place where daily commute occurs

Its pretty scary honestly

Dissociation meaning & definition 4 of Dissociation.

• The disconnection or separation of something from something else or the state of being disconnected.

Dissociation meaning & definition 5 of Dissociation.

• the fact of being separate from and not related to something else:

Dissociation meaning & definition 6 of Dissociation.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of Dissociation around the world.