• Of or pertaining to Great Britain or to its inhabitants; --sometimes restrict to the original inhabitants. British gum, abrownish substance, very soluble in cold water, formed by heating drystarch at a temperature of about 600° Fahr. It corresponds, in itsproperties, to dextrin, and is used, in solution, as a substitute forgum in stiffering goods.-- British lion, the national emblem of Great Britain.-- British seas, the four seas which surround Great Britain.

British meaning & definition 1 of British.

• Good people that have my respect any day. Any of my fellow Americans who Trash talk the UK can go to hell. Likewise for any brit who Trash talks Americans. Only uneducated and uninformed people(s) Trash other nations people. It's okay to speak out against the government, but the government and people are too separate things. Usually these people who Trash talk have never visited the other country, thus they judge their whole opinion on skewed media and television.

British meaning & definition 2 of British.

• A beautiful country with a lovely culture and people, with that people consisting of incredibly gorgeous women. Great Britain is one of the United States' only true allies. As an American, I am personally proud and happy to have the British as allies. I love the British, they are an awesome people, and have the coolest accents in the world; far better than the [French].

British meaning & definition 3 of British.

• Awesome people, and most of the time the best friend of America. But I'm starting to lose faith on my fellow Yanks if we bash the British like that. They never did anything to us since Napoleon...but they did become one of our greatest allies.

British meaning & definition 4 of British.

• someone who comes from uk

has two legs , arms, eyes, a head , and a nose a set of teeth not unlike your own and doest really mind americans but they seem to mind the british quite alot

British meaning & definition 5 of British.

• The British are a country of awesome people who have invented many things and has written great literature. If it wasn't for Britain, the world would be totally different, I mean, Americans really can't bad-mouth Britain as if it wasn't for them, there would be no United States! However, Americans are just as awesome of a group of people as the British. Americans have helped the British, the British have helped Americans, British have made things, Americans have made things, Britain has been a superpower, America is currently a superpower.... seriously, America and Britain, becaise landmass, are equal. They are definetly the best two countries of the world, and without them, i dont even want to think what the world would be like!!

British meaning & definition 6 of British.

• I'm proud of being british, i'm sure your proud of being patriotic too of your country.

I also thought the americans were our friends...obviously not, they seem to hate us for some reason judging by the amount of crap isults posted in this dictionary...

British meaning & definition 7 of British.

• the only race in the world who make a sport out of making fun of ourselves and each other. Heres its called slagging and it means you dont get beat up for making a joke about someone. we also complain about everything :weather, schools, food, work, tescos etc. not alot of people like us but hey if we didnt exist neither would a lot of other nations e.g united states.
    Also not everyones accent is posh. in fact only a handful of people do. But every accent here is unique and unless you're from that place you probably wont understand a word that person is saying!

British meaning & definition 8 of British.

• A union of four nations, England, Scotland, wales and Northern Ireland. Former world super power. But thanks to largely friendly links with it's former colonies still can hold a lot of clout over international opinion.

With in these nations there is a very rich cultural, historical and enthic diversity that attracts over 35 million visitors a year.

Sadly it's population are now mainly disillusioned with its internal political system and as a result we have a very pro Bush government ruling a very anti bush population. However the British people have their own way of dealing with their rogue leaders.

British meaning & definition 9 of British.

• British does not mean English. Britain consists of four nations: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. NEVER call an Irishman british because he (or she) will hurt you.
    We LOVE laughing at ourselves and everyone else.(We call this taking

British meaning & definition 10 of British.

• The people who inhabit the large northwest-European islands known as the British Isles. These are, without a doubt, one of the greatest ethnic groups of people in the entire world. The nation known as the United Kingdom (or [Great Britain]) use to own a great majority of the earth, with colonies in North America, Africa, Far East Asia, Australia, the Middle East, and subcontinent Asia (India).
    In my opinion, the British are a wonderful people, with an awesome culture, beautiful women, the greatest accents, and some of the best bands in the world.

British meaning & definition 11 of British.

• Relating to Great Britain or the United Kingdom, or to its people or language.

British meaning & definition 12 of British.

• WE HAVENT ALL [MET] [THE QUEEN] AND WE DONT ALL [DRINK TEA]

British meaning & definition 13 of British.

Similar Words

What is Define Dictionary Meaning?

Define Dictionary Meaning is an easy to use platform where anyone can create and share short informal definition of any word.
Best thing is, its free and you can even contribute without creating an account.

This page shows you usage and meanings of British around the world.